Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Jill's Quilt

I made a baby quilt about a year ago for my mom to give at a show for the daughter of a friend of theirs. So it was a surprise when the receiver of the baby quilt contacted me to ask if I could make her the quilt in this picture.



Since I don't have a pattern or quilt software to make one, I fell back on my all time favorite program to design this quilt on paper. I used iNumbers (from MAC) or in other terms, Excel. I have used this program more than once to make patterns for quilts, granny square afgans, knitting rows mark off sheet, and many other things.

This is what I came up with in pattern to match the picture. Then the second sheet is the fabric requirements.
The client is buying the fabric and sending it to me, so I am not sure what colors she will choose.





Fabric Requirements (done the old fashioned way, with pencil and paper)
















Warmest...

No comments: