Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Jill's Quilt Getting Quilted

I'm on the last leg of finishing Jill's quilt.  I started quilting it yesterday.  I had put over 500 safety pins in the sandwiched quilt, and took the time to go down the center of each strip first to stabilize it , before doing the rest of the lines, 1" apart.


I cleared off my waist high cutting table and set up my old, work horse, sewing machine to do the quilting.  The table width held the weight of the quilt off to the left of the machine, and standing to do the quilting, turned out to be a breeze.  It actually wasn't as hard on my shoulders as when I have quilted sitting down.

I am going to leave this set up in place and get some quilting done on some quilt tops that will be using just straight line quilting.

Warmest...


No comments: