Friday, November 9, 2018

2018 Finishes - Fresh As A Daisy - #47

Another square quilt / table topper from the Thimbleberries program "You're Invited".  This is called Fresh A Daisy for February 2007.  


This has nine blocks with each one appliquéd in the center of a daisy using blue and pink fabric.  I machined on the appliqué design using a blanket stitch on my domestic machine.  Each appliqué is done on the same background fabric, and then each block is framed with the same fabric from the fabric used as the petals or from the borders.



This is one of only a few quilts that I have done that have different fabrics for one border.  Gives a whole different look to a quilt.  I really like it for this quilt.  Gives it a whimsical look.








Close up of a couple of the daisies and the framing.



The binding was done in yellow, matching the small inner border, tying it all together quite nice.


I had several strips leftover from the petals, frames and borders, so I stitched them together for the backing.   I was still short, so I found some fabric that had all the colors in this quilt top, and stitched it to the top and bottom of the backing.  It now is a double sided quilt with a different pattern on the front and the back.  

Warmest...



Size: 56" x 56"
Fabric Lines Used:  Thimbleberries 
Colors:  Pastel blue, pink, yellow
Pattern:  Fresh As A Daisy (Thimbleberries "You're Invited" 02/07)
Designer:  Lynette Jensen
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began: 2007

Year Completed: 2018

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely and cheerful, I really like the effect of the different borderd

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

*borders*!