Monday, November 19, 2018

2018 Leader / Ender Project #53


Quiltville's Bonnie Hunter's, 2018 Leader and Ender project started back in July, 2018.  It is called Jewel Box Stars.  It has two simple blocks.  A four patch, and a half square triangle.  I chose to use up some more of my Thimbleberries scrap fabrics.  I have a large tote full of them, as you know, I have been finishing up a lot of Thimbleberries kits, BOM's, and programs from the years 2006 through 2009.  In all of these kits, BOM's, and programs, the program sponsor was always very generous with fabric, and I would have lots left over.

I didn't get too many beginning pictures, but here are the boxes of 2.5 inch squares and half square triangles.  I also chose to do my blocks based on 2.5 inch pieces for the four patch, and then the half square triangles are unfinished at 4.5 inches.




Both blocks will be 4 inches square in the quilt.  I have spent time making sure the half square triangles are trimmed at 4.5 inches, and it has helped a lot in having the blocks come together perfectly,






This is a picture of a finished four patch big block piece.  Placement of the four patch square aligns the dark on a path.  The project called for the background on the half square to be pointed out instead of the way I placed them.  I didn't like how much light background is when the blocks are all put together.



This is what the quilt will look like with the blocks put together.  It is going to be one of my favorites when it is done.



This is going to be one true Thimbleberries Scrappy quilt.












1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

looking good! Love thimbleberry! Isn't it fun to have lots of leftovers after a BOM.