Wednesday, November 21, 2018

2018 Finishes - Sugar Pines - #51

This finish is another quilt from the Thimbleberries program called "You're Invited".  It was a kit for the month of July back in 2007.   I believe it is a table topper, but if I had given it more thought, I think it would have been a great Christmas tree skirt.




The piece measures 46" X 46", with four focus blocks that have an embroidered leafless tree in each block.  

I opted to do the embroidery on my domestic machine. using a simple zig-zag stitch.  Once it was quilted, it looked just as nice as if I had done it by hand.



This kit was done in darker Christmas colors and a border with a Christmas flower.



I the binding is done in red and the backing has all the colors of the front of the kit.




Warmest...


Size: 46" x 46"
Fabric Lines Used:  Thimbleberries 
Colors: Gold, Green, Red
Pattern:  Sugar Pines (Thimbleberries "You're Invited" 07/07)
Designer:  Lynette Jensen
Long Arm Quilter:  Carol Nelson
Year Began: 2007

Year Completed: 2018

No comments: