Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Quilts of Valor Stars Group

Here is a post of what I am working on, in between finishing up my 2018 finished.  

I think I mentioned before that I belong to a Facebook Group called Quilt of Valor Stars.  They have a new block program that I am following this year.  It is an interesting concept, but so simple.  There is a cutting sheet at the beginning of the program, and you cut out all the pieces for the whole 12 blocks.

The block each month is the same layout, just the fabric changers and placement of the pieces.  As you can see below, the first 5 of the blocks are so different, but they are all done from the same block pattern.







When I am done with the blocks, I send them off to the group coordinator, and then they are distributed to volunteers who put the tops and borders together, and then the tops are passed on to a volunteer who long arm quilts them.  It is a well organized group, and I really like helping getting blocks done in-between my other projects.  

You can go to their Facebook Page here.  Their Facebook cover photo is a picture of blocks I did for the first part of the year drive.  I'm honored.

Warmest...

Renee

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a great idea! I love the firework fabric