Friday, November 30, 2018

BDU Memory Dog and Bear

We have a dear friend that served in the military and did a tour over in the Middle East.  I am taking a pile of his uniforms (BDU's) and making a memory dog and bear for his daughter.  I also will be making a quilt with the leftover pieces for our friend.



This is the dog sewn up before stuffing.


This is where he is stuffed, still unfinished.  I have to tweak the stuffing, add the eyes and sew up the back.  


Here is the finished stuffed dog.  The eyes and nose make the dog look so cute!!



This time of year is tough to find red, white and blue striped ribbon, which is what I want to use.  The recipient is a young girl, so I went with a pink bow.  



I am honored to do this for our friend.

Warmest...

Wren

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That’s fantastic! Lovely idea too