Thursday, September 27, 2012

Two Zip Hipster Bag

NOTE:  This sold before I got it on listed on Etsy!


This is my version of the pattern from "A Dog Under My Desk", found here. I bought her PDF pattern to do a different look of a bag for my Etsy shop.  I also wanted to do more with zippers on pockets.  I had this fabric left over from when I did the chair cushions and since it is in a camo print, I decided to line it with hunter orange fabric.  I thought this fabric would look nice made into a bag, and it wouldn't cost much except for the hardware.

This first picture shows the outside zippered pocket.

This picture is the one I will use on my Etsy store.


Along the way I decided to make a matching key fob using orange webbing and the camo fabric sewn on the webbing.

This view is the hipster standing up, showing the open pocket behind the zippered pocket.  It also shows the main compartment zipped shut.
B
These last two pictures below the bag opened (sorry, the bright orange it photograph well), showing the pocket inside, which I made two pencil slots.

1 comment:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

This is sooo cute! I know a couple of girls that would love a bag like that! :)