Friday, September 21, 2012

This and That

The last two and a half days have been a mixture of several different sewing things getting done. I have eighteen blocks to get done during September if I am to stay on track of completing all of the Farmer's Wife quilt by the end of the year. Thank goodness I have all of the blocks cut out for the entire quilt, because it makes it easier just to grab a packet of a couple of blocks and sit down and sew. I managed to get three done during these past days. The first two are out of civil war reproduction fabrics, and the third one is from Breath of Avignon colorway.
This is called the Friendship block. Women used to make them, put their name on it, exchange them amongst themselves, and then make them into a quilt that would have all their friends names either written or embroidered on the blocks. I made this one for the leader of the Farmers's Wife quilt along. All of who are participating in this quilt along are making one for her in the the fabrics they are using in their quilts. She will have about 20 Friendship blocks that she can make into anything she wants to, and then she will have something memorable regarding us and this big project.
Then I wanted to get back to my 2012 goal of assembling and quilting some of my past BOMs, and the one I chose to work on this evening was the one called "Star Skill Builder Sampler". I posted about it here and here, that shows the twelve blocks I have already made. Below are the cornerstone blocks that will go at each corner of the twelve blocks. I have to make 20 of these, and I have to be really careful because I have very little of the light fabric and I don't want to run short.
I have so much going on and I have more to share, but I'll save it for the next few day's post.

No comments: