Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A New Project


I am revamping my dining room, only because I am really tired of what was here when we moved in a few years ago.  It's not that it is all that bad, I am looking to perk up the living space with my craftiness. 

I want to keep the blue theme going, as the vertical blinds are blue, and that would be a rather large expense to change, so I have had this kit of a table topper that is blue and yellow and would look great on my round dining room table.

The pattern is by Terri Staats, through her company, Sweet Treasures and is called "The Centerpiece Tablemat".  She is a local designer, here in the Pacific Northwest, and I have used several of her patterns.  I have even had the privilege of attending a monthly local quilt shop club meeting that she led, several years ago.  Awesome lady!

I think this would be a hit out there in blog land, as everyone is on a hexagon kick right now.  It is also "honey bun" friendly, as it uses 1 1/2" strips.  

The fabric line in the kit is from Moda, the Summer Breeze (either I or II or a combination of both) line, and I have a larger piece from this line that I will make a valance for my glass sliding doors.






No comments: