Thursday, August 22, 2013

One More UFO BOM

Confession:  I get bored with working on just one project until it is done.  I think that's why I like Block of the Month clubs.

Hence, here is another BOM I dragged out when doing the re-org of my sewing room.  This BOM is from 2010 and I started it only getting month 1 and part of Month 2 done.  Then for some dumb important reason, it got put aside and it was temporarily lost. Not really, I know where everything and anything I have bought can be found.

This BOM is called a "Civil War Tribute", using fabrics designed by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics, and the pattern was designed by Homestead Hearth. (Note, this BOM is no longer available)  What makes this BOM different than other BOM's,  is each month consists of two blocks or four blocks, instead of just one block.   And, on top of that the blocks are bigger in size than the normal 9" or 12" blocks.  It will make a much larger quilt as a result of the bigger blocks, approximately 100" x 112".

Here is a pic of what the quilt will look like when it is completed.



Here is Month 2, and it consists of four 15" blocks.



This is Block 1, and it has two blocks, one is 18", and the other is 12".



I will be working on many older BOM's this year, as my budget is very limited, and I am really committed to completing what I have on hand.  This will take me well into the 2020's, for real!

No comments: