Thursday, August 1, 2013

New notion help

So, after it's all said and done, I thought I would share a most amazing new notion that helps in bag making.  They are called Wonder Clips by Clover!  And wonder clips they are...

If anyone has ever sewn any type of bags, you know there many layers of thickness that regular straight pins are difficult to use.  Most of the time, I have gone through a whole box of pins, either having them bend out of shape, or breaking under the machine.  So to the rescue, here comes wonder clips!

They have the strength to hold the fabric in place, just like straight pins do, they don't leave pin marks, you never forget to remove them and break a sewing machine needle (only because the needle and foot can't sew over them, tee hee hee), and they don't poke your fingers.



They come in packages of 10, 20, or 50.  I started out with 10, and realized I liked them so much, I picked up a package of 50.  They even come in a nice container box to keep them in!  


Here is a close up of the little wonder.


To be totally honest, I bought the original 10 clips to use when binding my quilts, and the box was open one day, and I grabbed one to use while making a bag, and the rest is history.....


NOTE:  Clover now has jumbo wonder clips (green).  Go figure, I might have to give them a test run, too.

No comments: