Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bloggers' Block-a-palooza Quilt Along

Back in January 2011, there was a Blogger's Quilt Along called "Block-a-plooza".  It featured 16 bloggers, who designed a block.  Each week one of the 16 bloggers would post their block and in the end you ended up with sixteen 12" blocks and then they provided three different quilt top settings to finish the Quilt Along.  The host of this quilt along was Quilt Dad, and you can find the original post by clicking Block-a-palooza and it will take you to the page listing all of the sixteen bloggers and the links to the blocks on their respective blogs.  Some of the links are still working with the patterns to each block, and some are not in existence.  If you really want any of the patterns that are missing and you are unable to get them, let me know, and I will email them to you.

I managed to keep up each week and made all of the sixteen blocks.  The fabric that was used is Moda's Sunkissed.  I believe this is my all time favorite fabric line of Moda.  This is the second quilt I have made using this line.  Remember I also used it in making the Little Birdie Stitches quilt.  You can read about this quilt here.  And I have another quilt that I have on my to do list using this line using a pattern called postage stamp.  Probably more about this one later in the month of April.

This is a collage of the blocks as I didn't want to take up gobs of space.  You get the idea of what the blocks are all about that are going into this quilt.



I chose the option of the quilt top lay out that has a large (24" X 54") appliquéd center.  This will make the overall quilt size about 60" X 90".  Which is a rather large quilt, but I am tired of small twin sized quilts, when I have queen and king sized beds in my home.  

Here is the appliquéd center that I worked on this afternoon and evening.  Right now the pieces are just bonded and pinned onto the center white fabric.  I will have to machine blanket stitch the pieced down permanently sometime next week.  Then I will have the task of cutting out the sashing, and borders and put it all together into the quilt top.


It's kinda whimsical to me, and I really like the colors.



Warmest...





No comments: