Friday, March 7, 2014

Land of Lincoln Top is Done

Yes sireee, this top is now done, and another BOM can be crossed off my list.  And, yes, it is getting put on top of the pile of other completed tops that are in need of quilting.  But, guess what?  I am finally going to get to quilt all of my tops using a long arm machine.  Am I getting a long arm machine?  Noooo.  But....

We are fortunate enough to have a local quilt shop (about 30 miles away from my house), that has 6 long arm machines in the basement of their store that they rent by the half day or full day.  First, thought, I have to take a day long class to learn how to use their machines and how to do the different types of long arm quilting.  I am so excited, as I can finally finish up all my tops and have the quilts done to lay on my beds and give away to individuals.

The tops I have not quilted on my home machine are all double bed sized or bigger, and it just doesn't work well doing them on my machine.  I can do baby quilts, wall hangings, and table runners, but the big bed quilts are another matter that need to be done on a long arm machine.  If I can get proficient enough on the long arm machine, I am hoping I can get two quilts done in a day.


I wish I could have taken a better picture out side so you could get a full view, but here in the Northwest, it is pouring rain.  But with this picture, you get an idea of what it turned out to look like completed.  The finished quilt measures 60" X 60", and I will probably use it as a bed runner on top of another civil war quilt.  

Thanks for following me on the process of finishing another UFO BOM!!!!

I will be starting another one next week as soon as I can decide which one I would like to do.  I am thinking one along the romantic / cottage type BOM just to change up what you will be looking at when I post progress.

Warmest...

No comments: