Monday, June 23, 2014

More Berries...

It is berry season up here in the great Northwest.  Today I picked up a full crate of blackberries and raspberries, and two crates of strawberries.  All of the berries, with the exception of 6 pints, are going into the freezer as whole fruit.  The six pints of strawberries are sliced and going into the dehydrator as of just a few moments ago.




As you can see, half of the above flat is in the dehydrator below. Smile.




While I am waiting for the fruit to get frozen enough to put into freezer bags, I am working on my UFO #4 (read more here about it if you are interested)  project by getting it quilted.  I am just doing some straight line quilting, mostly stitch in the ditch work.


Some spaces, like the center of the stars, I am quilting an "X", and will do some shadowing inside the trees, but nothing to fancy, as it is a simple kind of wall hanging that calls for some simple quilting.


 Later this evening it will be back to the berry harvest as I will be picking blueberries then freezing and drying them tomorrow morning.

Warmest...

No comments: