It has been exceptionally chilly here in the Pacific Northwest, and I have spent the days inside rather than outside (doing the rest of the fall garden clean up). I was busy making candy (peanut brittle, billionaire clusters, crockpot crack, reese's peanut butter cups, fudge, pay day bars, and mixed nut toppers), and working on completing step one of the Grand Illusion Mystery quilt that I wrote about in my previous post.
While making 100 of the 4 1/2 inch units, I had a close inspector and helper, Junior. Although in this picture, he was taking a little nap, only because he got very
bored tired towards the end of the process.
Here are the completed units. I have put them in groups of twenty as I was completing them, so I would not have to keep counting to know when I had reached the 100 unit mark. I had a few extra yellow and black 2 1/2" squares left over from the WOF strips, so I went ahead and made a few more units. That way if I need to change units when we start to put the whole quilt layout together I will have a few to play around with. If nothing else, I can make them into a side table runner or a pillow.