Sunday, December 21, 2014

Waiting for the Next Clue

While waiting for the next clue for the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, I worked on the UFO Chocolat Legacy project and a custom order.

If you remember, the UFO Chocolat Legacy project is worked in the round, meaning it is started with  four center blocks and then the next set of blocks are sewn around them making a round, and so on.  I worked on the next to the last round of 36 blocks called "Churn Dash".  I am hoping to get them sewn together and sewn in the round of the quilt so far sometime next week.


I have a neighbor who has a recliner that is covered in the "leather-like" fabric.  He doesn't like the covering because it is cold and hot sit on, so he asked me if I would make a cover for him using a king sized plush blanket.  Not my first choice for taking on a customer project, but I did it anyway.

Here are some pictures of the finished product:


The seat piece is separate that includes the foot rest.  I put adjustable elastic halfway around the foot rest part to help hold it in place while sitting in the chair.

Back view.

 I did this picture to show how I did the arm rests.  I did them in separate elasticized pieces so they fit better, and can be taken off to wash.


I mulled over this project for almost three months (they were on a RV trip around the United States), and I managed to get it done the day before they arrived back.  I keep procrastinating this project, mainly because I didn't want to cut into the blanket and not have it work.  Finally I worked it out on paper and in my mind and bit the bullet and ta da!

I'll be back tomorrow with a post about clue 4 of the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.

Warmest...



1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

So glad I'm not the only one to put things off off off!!!