Friday, January 16, 2015

Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt Progress

I bet you have been wondering about that Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, you know the one that I spent so much time working on and posting about in December?  Well as you know my sewing business kinda got in the way of working on the things I personally have in the queue.

Today, I was finally able to take a few minutes to get the top blocks sewn together for the main part of the quilt.


The picture above is before putting on the two borders.  The solid gold one and the scrappy one that came from clue #5.  This is a queen size bed in my spare room, just to give you an idea of how big it is so far.  

This next picture is a closer view of all the pieced units from clues 1 - 4.


I be back with more posts, as I get this one to the finish line!  If you are interested in making this now or in the future, you can visit Bonnie Hunter's site at Quiltville, and down load all the clues.  She only leaves them up on her site for a short time, then she takes them down and incorporates the pattern into a future book.  

Warmest...