Thursday, January 15, 2015

Runaround Bag

One of the many custom orders that I received this month, includes one of these "mini bags" that I sell on my Etsy site.  A customer saw one that I had for sale using a college team fabric, and asked if I would make one using Dallas Cowboys print.  Since I had just made a quilt for my son using Dallas Cowboys print, I had a few scraps left over that I used to make the first one.


The pattern that I use is from Lazy Girl Designs called the Runaround Bag.  Ever since I made the first bag, I have also made a "mini key fob" to go with the "mini hipster".  This is a fat quarter friendly pattern, and there is enough fabric left over to make a fob.  Perfect two mini's to go together.

I had to run to Joann's this morning for some fleece and yarn to make some team baby blankets that are also on my Etsy site.  While there, I came across a different pattern in the Dallas Cowboys, so I picked up some and made an alternative one so the customer could have a choice.  This is the one that they happened to choose.


These bags are fully lined, with a back open pocket, measures 10" X 5", zipper closure to the main body of the bag, and a strap approximately 40 inches.  I can cut and sew one, including the key fob, in less than an hour.  One of the easiest bag pattern with a zipper that I have ever done.  Actually the pattern calls for two fat quarters, but you can get two bags out of the focal print if you get a little extra of the contrasting print.  The strap is long enough to carry the bag across the body.  

Now onto the next custom order.  This one is a bag/purse I have already done, you can read all about it here.  I sold it shortly after putting it on my Etsy site, and apparently someone found it on Pinterest, and wants one exactly like it.  This is a labor extensive bag to make, so it will take more than a few days to get done.    I call it the "Browning Bag".




Warmest...


No comments: