Thursday, January 29, 2015

Resolutions

I didn't want January to get away from me, without even attempting to keep my New Year's Resolution of quilting two completed tops a month.  I can say that my excuse for not getting even close to that is the flu that took me out for almost two weeks.  

Okay, moving on, I pulled out a very simple top that I did about 7 years ago that I discovered while sorting through some storage places in the sewing room.  I have been attempting to sort through all my storage of projects and fabric to catalog and work up a project sheet for everything I have in my vast stash.  

I picked this completed top to work on today, because it is a nice size, the backing was already pieced, and it is a simple top that would just need a simple quilt design.  The pattern is called "Pieces of Eight", and consists of 8" blocks, using 8 different prints sewn on the diagonal.   It's size is a nice throw quilt of approximately 52" X 67".  



This fabric is called "Seaside Rose" by 3 Sisters from Moda fabrics.  These prints meet all of my favorites.  Pink and light green, roses, and pastel shabby chic look.  This is one of my top 5 favorite lines from Moda, and I have some more of this line in my stash!


Here is a close up of this yummy fabric.  I just love how this blends into pure sweetness that will be so wonderful to wrap yourself into!



I'll be back with the finished project in about two weeks, as we have to travel out of state all next week.  So take note, the blog will probably be fairly quiet.

Warmest...

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Glad you are feeling better. I had a whole load of that fabric, it's gorgeous x