Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Quilting Acronyms and Glossary

Many of you who might be new to the quilting world, might appreciate the largest amassed listing of the quilting acronyms and glossary that I have come across all in one place.  I don't know much about this blogger, but over at SLIKStitches, they have put together what I would call a complete list of quilting acronyms and glossary.  The direct link is here.  It is worth the time to click on the link and read through all of them.  I even discovered quite a few that I had only seen once or twice, and didn't really know what they meant until I read this list.  I will bookmark the page for future reference in reading quilt blogs, and to use them in writing of my future posts.

On another note, I was working on a UFO that I found while doing inventory of my sewing room.  I am sure many of you have seen patterns by Bareroots, and I happen to have purchased this one back in 2005 or so.


I couldn't believe it, I had already did all the embroidery of the center square and all the little squares.  For the life of me, I cannot remember buying this (it came as a kit), or even doing any of the embroidery work.  Hmmm.  Anyways, it was a nice surprise to see that I had it done to that point.  So, I sat down this evening and put it all together.


I was puzzled as to why I had embroidered the squares, but not the border.  My first assumption was that I either got bored and put the project away (yes, I do it all the time) or we moved and I had to pack it away (for a period of 4 years, we moved 4 times).  But after getting it put together last night, the instructions said to sew on the linen border and then trace the design and then embroider it because the vines travel around the corners.  No I understand why that border didn't get embroidered!  Fortunately, I packed the embroidery thread that I used on the squared with the kit, so I can just sit down and start stitching.  This might have to wait until the middle of February, because I gotten three custom sewing orders, three trade shows, a 9 day out of town trip, and a 3 day trip doing out annual Quilt Run 101.  I am stacked up busy, and will be trying to get a few personal things done, including getting the embroidery done around the edge of this project.

Warmest...




1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thank you so much for the shout! Your UFO was a serendipitous find: maybe I should tidy my sewing room and see what I find!!!! Good luck at the shows, xxx