Friday, February 28, 2014

All In

As you know, if you have been reading my blog for the last couple of months, that I have been working on some older unfinished BOM's.  One of these is called the Land of Lincoln Sampler, and I have been posting a block about once a week showing the progress of getting the BOM done.  Well, the other night, I realized I only had three blocks left to do, so I cut them all out and have gotten them all sewn up.  Here are the last three blocks in the Land of Lincoln Sampler:


This is block 11, and it is called,  Army Star.  Not one of my favorites...




This is block 12, and it is called, Star of Valor.  This one looks too Christmas for my liking, so hopefully it will fit in better when the quilt gets put together.


And this is block 13, and it is called of course, Log Cabin.  Again, looks more Christmas than I would like, but we will see...


These are the setting blocks that will be placed between all of the 13 blocks I have been making over the last couple of months.  There are 12 of these, and will be placed going in one direction in one row and then the opposite direction in the next row.  I have all of these setting blocks completed,  and a couple of the rows already sewn together, so I should have the whole quilt top done by Monday evening and a post about it on Tuesday.  This weekend I am at a trade show with my husband, and that leaves little or no time to sew.


If you would like to see all the other blocks and past posts, just click on the label at the end of this post "Land of Lincoln Sampler", and all rest will come up for your viewing pleasure (smile).

Warmest...

1 comment:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So very pretty. I love the fabric colors. Maybe you can get inspiration for color and design while you are at the trade show!