Thursday, February 27, 2014

Top is Done - UFO Project #3

The borders and sashings have been added and the UFO #3 project top is completed.  See, I told you the framing of the sections was awesome!  I thought the saw toothed border would take forever to complete, but I was able to cut it out, sew all the triangles (90) and sew the squares into strips and then sew them onto the quilt top sides all in one evening.  It gives the border a different look and a nice touch that you don't see too often.




Here is a close up of the corner of the pumpkin section, showing off the framing borders.


More of a close up of the pumpkin and the leaves.


Close up of the other pumpkin and leaves.

And a downward glance at the bottom leaves in the pumpkin section, and the maple leaves section.


I am going to be machine quilt this project, because I started hand quilting the last UFO #2 project, and that is going to take more time than I originally planned, and I don't want to delay getting projects done and up on display.  I plan on using a burnt orange thread for my machine quilting of this project.  Lynette Jensen, who designs all Thimbleberries, also came out with a line of thread to match her fabrics.  Years ago, when I was participating in these clubs, I purchased quite a bit of her thread, so I have the matching burnt orange that matches the pumpkins in this wall hanging.

Stay tuned for the final completed UFO #3 project.

Warmest...


No comments: